Monday, July 16, 2007

Mills wrote on July 16, 2007........

James Taylor can make a boy miss home like no other. I can't tell how blessed I was when "Going to Carolina in my Mind" played on a random borrowed CD on the way up. In the middle of Mozambique I had a nice reminder of home. We put the CD on our computer, and I was just appreciating it. I think it is for people from the Carolinas who are away from home. Mmmm James Taylor.

I usually have your email next to the new one I type in the screen, but I don't tonight. I'm going to do my best in response.

That really was an awesome encouragement about David. I have heard that a lot, about how he should have been in battle, but it wasn't a sin for him to be at home. I never really made the tie to my own life and where God is taking me.

It is kinda like Nutella, it's called Choc Spread. It is chocolate and macadamia nut spreads though. No peanut butter.

Loius got robbed today. 30,000 meticas and 150 USD, and a little SA rand. His gun was taken but found later outside a barn of his. While he and his family came in town for church we think 2 guys broke in. We will see how that turns out, he is pretty poor though, so it really is a big hit. Loius, Aubi, Gabe and I prayed tonight when he came into Chiconono. He prayed that he would not have a hint of bitterness towards the men, and that their hearts would be softened to the Lord. I was comforted and
prayed that the thief's would realize that we store up a treasure in heaven that they can never steal, but it is a free gift to them.

Satan is also working through a magician here. He is doing many horrible things, cutting his wife, and then removing the knife and her being fine. Coming up with money, then turning it to paper, then back to money and giving it to the people. Making sand and water into rice, and then feeding the people. He charges people 10 meticas and then lets them see. He has been in Muembe, and will likely come to Chiconono. We would go and pray against him, how awesome would it be if like in Acts where the
slave girl who was doing magic, lost the ability!

Wow, satan has such a foothold here. More reason for us to be encouraged. He obviously is not pleased with the work we are doing.

A team came from SA tonight. There are 7 people, 5 older men and 2 kids. It is so frustrating to us. They are under the impression that the Christians are afraid or don't know how to share the Gospel. The thing is, we/they, share the Gospel all the time. The Muslims believe in Jesus and his "good teachings", they just want to see it in our lives. They tell us that. We will sit in a teaching session all day tomorrow. Its frustrating to us. They want to teach all day, all week. We heard the guy talking
tonight, he is going to repeat the same thing we learn tomorrow every day. They kinda think the Christians in Chiconono are slow. I am done venting, and I say all of that so you can better pray.

No comments: