Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mills wrote on July 19th.........

Hey Dad,

I'm sure ya'll are in WV now, and I hope you had a smooth trip. It's comforting to know that you won't be stranded or in the middle of nowhere(literally) without help. Haha we can drive 400 k's here and not see one car. You can understand why Louis has a welder and angle grinder plus all the tools he needs for a repair in his car. Makes me love AAA.

I looked at those verses in Hebrews and 1 John, it was extremely appropriate at the moment. We ate dinner with Theo and Mignonne and their 2 kids last night. Rabbit! What a treat! Oh It was so good. Two of the guys from that team who is teaching evangelism to the locals came over and we discussed some things. People who come in for 2 or 3 weeks kinda have a narrow view of things. They say, "Come, give your lives to Jesus!". And people come, out of politeness. Then they come back a yea later looking
to disciple the "Christians" and there isn't a single one. These guys came with a focus on child evangelism. They said, "no if we just teach them how to share the Gospel to children, then it will be effective, the power of God's word cannot be stopped". The thing is, if a kid goes home and tells his Muslim family he is a Christian they would beat him, and if he didn't recant his beliefs they would disown him. By that time the team is gone. So he recants and goes on with his Muslim life. It happens
with every team that comes. And every single one wans to argue that their way is different, that their alter call is somehow better than the last. What we try to tell them is that they need discipleship, they need accountability and support! These two guys said, "well what about this guy "the king", he said the sinners prayer with us, we told him it was a serious commitment and he knows it won't be easy". Theo taught this guy 4 or 5 years ago and his family and the community started to say what happened,
you were a Muslim leader, now we can't follow you. So he went back. He will do the same this time. I don't doubt the Lord's power, but it will most likely happen. It's frustrating, there need to be more missionaries showing people the Way. Thats what they want to see, they say if you live what you preach, then I will follow.

I told mom and just wrote one to MR, but our email may not be reliable. There is a new moon that has been giving us trouble. The weather can throw is thing off like crazy. That sounds good about just letting me know about the dates, I think I am realizing that no matter how long you come for, it won't be long enough. I was thinking about Josiah last night and this morning, I can't wait to see how big that stud is. Gabe said while we were praying that my eyes light up when I talk about him. I
believe it. I was just thinking about how much I want to teach him.

Love ya'll can't wait to hear how things are up in ole WV. When I was there in Dunbar many years ago, things were quite dull.

Sorry that was pretty long and vent-y, and my forearms are cramping!

love mills

No comments: