Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mills wrote on July 19th.......

Hey momma,

I trust ya'll are having a great time up in WV. It is way up from here. Thanks for those verses, especially the Greek for free/freedom, that is neat.

I think in my email to dad this morning I wrote a good bit about the guys from SA, they are a good bit older and are just stubborn. We all are really. That is so neat that people are really into the blog. How are ya'll doing it? Are you just taking the whole email or just excerpts? I'm glad people are interested in what is going on. Sometimes I could see if frustrating for people back home, or confusing at least. "Why isn't he out preaching everyday?" I could see someone asking that. The thing is
these people know the stories, they want to see us live it. It really keeps you in check hey?

We went and got bread today praise the Lord, and had fried egg sandwiches. I found a huge stash of vinegar which is a huge blessing because fried egg sandwiches get old. The vinegar is nice to spice it up.

I was playing with Simon and Amika, Theo and Mignonne's kids, and Simon loves Legos! What a blessing. I was sitting and building with him and he said something so profound. (Simon can speak 3 languages). He said, " You know, it doesn't matter how many Legos you have, when you play by yourself, it isn't as fun as playing with someone else". I looked at him and said Simon you are very wise, it takes a lot of people a long time to figure that out. I will have to find someway of getting him some Legos
of mine. He doesn't have a whole bunch.

Here is a funny story for you:
Yesterday Gabe and I rode into Muembe with Louis. It's about 35k's from Chiconono and is the nearest police station, if you can call it that. Louis needed to report his break in, not that it would really do anything. We took the 1987-ish Mercedes that Gabe and I replaced the clutch in. It's funny we drive over bridges that are made of trees laying over piles of stones. Someone drove off the other day and died. We were in a Mercedes. Haha. Anyways we got to the Police station and after a while Louis
came out and said we were ready to go, but one of the officers would come with us. We had been talking to a man earlier while waiting (he reeked of alcohol). This guy asked if I were a boxer, obviously because I am so strong looking(haha), but Louis said because I looked like Jean Claude Van Dam to this fella. To our surprise this same drunk guy walks up with an AK-47 and says he is ready to go! He was the Police officer to come with us. He was waving that gun all around. Louis said he had to spend
the night at his house and then take him back the next day. The way these police work is if they find out who stole it, and they always know, they will say, "for you to get this back for free, you must pay me this amount of money". Ha it can be frustrating.

Keep me posted on the tapes, should be interesting. Would you mind sending Gunkle the link to the Blog, I don't have it and he asked for it. Also when you have time, Parker can help, go onto Facebook. I have a link for my old blog, and you can change it to the new one. Let me know if you have trouble with it, no rush or anything, just as time permits. I know ya'll are having fun, and I hope you aren't getting on each others nerves or anything, just be reminded that I would love to be there with you
when you start to argue about something trivial. It will probably help me to get along with the siblings after I am back.

Love ya'll I'll talk to you soon. Hope the story entertained you, it was something to live through I tell you. I'll look forward to hearing how you set up the blog and all since I can't see it.

for freedom(eleutheroo)
Mills

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your wonderful family, I got the link to this blog from facebook and completely caught up with you and your journey. This is really cool mills and what your doing is unbelievable. I cannot wait to get over there. You haven't left my prayers, and thanks to this blog, now I can pray more so for not just what your doing but those kids and people you're working with. I hope all is going well. Take care :)

Kate

chapman said...

Mills you are so awesome...i know the computer situation is tricky but i hope you get this..i had a ton of trouble this year with my faith but i finally feel strong again...you have been such an encouragement and role model..im praying for you man..keep rocking out in chiconono