Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Mills wrote on July 27th......

Hey Momma,

I am typing as a very tired and beaten person. We played soccer again with the locals for another 2 hours. We quit after me and this guy connected heads, my eye lid was gushing blood. It was awesome. The scar is just alright, but they thought I was a goner. Ha good times. I think they all want my shoes.

Gabe and I had a nice dinner, noodles and mushroom soup mix. mmmm. It turns out that I will not be preaching this Sunday. Gabe and I will pretty much be stranded when Theo and Mignonne leave for SA in like 2 weeks, and we are going to Muapula (sp?) so that we can get out while possible. It isn't normal to leave this much, but it will be neat to experience different parts of the country. We are leaving tomorrow (Friday) morning and will be back sometime Monday. Gabe and I finished a big job today
in the radio station. We put in this air vent box through the roof to get some ventilation into a recording room. We had to hoist this 65 pound box up and then nail it is level. We had to cut a hole in the roof which made things interesting. It's only a metal sheeted roof, but it makes it interesting to climb on the roof to the hole.

Gabe and I are planning on starting "The Journey" south around October 10th. We both said that those dates should be fine. Maybe later if possible, like the 17th of November, I think you mentioned that date. Gabe and I can start and figure out some things that we can do, I'm sure there is a lot to do, but ya'll are talking about coming for a good while. Maybe a week and a half or two weeks? Gabe and I were just saying that there are places to stay on Fish Hoek beach. If possible you should stay
in Fish Hoek just so your close. Your driver's licenses should be valid in SA, if you wanted to rent a car. Email Neil and ask him. He would be able to help you figure out logistics.

I got an email from Moultrie, which was really nice. I am going to try and respond to him before we leave in the morning. I also got one from Ella. It is so nice to hear from folks back home.

I get the same emails from Madeleine every week. I don't know if you forgot, but I like the CC emails if you get a chance.

Gotta run, talk to you on Monday.

for freedom,
Mills

No comments: