Friday, August 3, 2007

Mills writes on August 2nd.........

Hey Momma,

We are getting nice and caught up after that long weekend, I wouldn't call it a break so much. Haha.Oh the clutch was for Louis and his 1983 Mercedes. Maupula is in Mozambique, I'm sure if you Google it, it would show you. I'm not sure if that is spelled correctly.

HA Sheep. There are these sheep here, fat tailed sheep. They are gross looking and the meat isn't so good. When we were at Jan and Bonnies (where we took the cows in Lichinga), they are working on raising a herd of sheep and cattle. Jan is from SA and Bonnie is from Illinois. It is really neat to see how the milk from the cows is a blessing to them and the people around them. They are selling the milk at half price, which allows poorer people to buy, but they still cover their costs. It's really
interesting. Ok sorry back to the point, sheep. We always talk about how they are followers, and they really are! These sheep will just run after one another in a little pack. It was funny to watch them try and get around the cows. That is really interesting about trying to get on the other side of the fence.

Theo is going to take all of their big things to Pemba in a week or so, and then come back. Later in August they will go to SA as a family, till October. Then when they come back they will take the rest of their things to Pemba and stay.

At Maupula we ate a good bit of chicken, pork chops, sausage, some ribs of I'm not sure what. Oh we had these pieces of liver rapped in intestines, it was so good, It made me think of how much you love liver. Mmm meat.

It really is such an encouragement to hear how people are being touched, the Lord really is so humbling in that. Just the ways he works, subtlety even.

About ya'lls coming in November. It doesn't matter what we do. A safari might be a little lame, to be honest. I think if ya'll want to see some wild life then we can rent a car and drive to Kruger National Park. That would be better. A "safari package" is a tourist trap. We can go up on Table Mt, in Cape Town, spend some time at the beach. I really don't know what else. I think everything is going to seem "touristy" to me now. Ya'll juse decide and I will go along with it.

I gotta run, Gabe and I starting doing a devotional every morning. I'll talk to you soon mom, I love you.

Oh I am emailing Sydney this morning, feel free to give out my email to anyone, it really was a blessing to get her email.

Love,
Mills

No comments: