Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mills writes on August 16th in the p.m.........

Hey Mom,

It's 4:15 here, I just wanted to get out a last email to you. We plan to leave at 7 in the morning and won't be able to connect to the server that early. Dad commented on the fact you have been rising early in the morning, as have I. I (when feeling well) have been getting up at 5:45, I don't know how early you rise, but man 5:45 doesn't feel so early out here. Workers come for their different jobs around 6:30 here. It puts things into perspective.

I appreciate your encouragement while being sick. It helps to have a nice kiss once and a while. Mom it really was a blessing to hear In Christ Alone. I don't think I will be able to sing it again without remembering this time and knowing how fully my hope, light, strength and song are His Alone. You are right, God is Sovereign. I think sometimes God will bring you to Africa and give you Malaria to show you that.

I am going to ask Gabe to run and email this before we loose our window, but it will be the last for a while. It is possible that Friday or Saturday I will connect to the internet in town. I will try and email you from my Hotmail, and read some emails on there.

Please be praying for the time as we travel. The thing about Malaria is that you can't get comfortable, even laying in bed. The bumpy ride on dirt roads won't be pleasant. "My Comforter, my All in All, Here in the love of Christ I will Stand" (more like lay right about now)

Shannon Turbeville emailed me, it was nice to hear from her. Oh I am going to bring back some seeds to try and plant coffee in Columbia. Coffee likes humid weather and well we got it. It may not work because it gets so hot, but it is worth a try. Theo gave me a sealed packet of seeds so I should be alright through customs. I am sending a bag of things I don't need, as well as Gabe, with him to SA so we can travel lightly.

Love you Mom. A tight hug.
Mills

No comments: