Thursday, August 30, 2007

Mills writes on August 30th.......

Sorry this is going to be short, I know it seems like I am getting in that habit. I am feeling better, and my stomach has calmed down a good bit. I'd say things are as close to normal as can be expected. I am just resting up and trying to regain energy.

Please Please Please keep praying for the work here. The night before last night 5 of our solar panels got stolen off the roof. They are about 400 dollars a piece and the Saindons are already really low on money for the station. There isn't really anything we can do about it. A lot of the locals offered to go walk through the forest and marsh to look and see if they hid them there until they could pick them up, so we did that yesterday. It wasn't a great way to rest.

Gabe and Aubi will be going into Lichinga on Friday to meet with the Labor people. I am not sure if I will go or not. I will let you know though.

Man I have a funny story for today. I was working on recovering and all from being so sick. I was a good bit better today thankfully, but this sickness has been coming in spurts so we will see. Anyways we run on solar panels when we can, and they are bolted on our sheet metal roof. Well last night someone came and stole 5 of them. They are like 400 dollars a piece! Man these things are like gold here. They snuck onto the roof and only walked on the side where they wouldn't make noise. So today as I was trying to rest, me and a group of locals went out to look and see if they hid them in the forest and tall grass until they could transport them. There are rivers and creeks and reeds. Well as we were going I basically was jumping across one, and fell completely in! These locals were dying laughing. They were laughing so hard they almost fell in as well. I went in under my head in this creek and we still didn't find the panels. So if you would please be praying, it is a big setback financially.
We are convinced the Lord is with us and doing something good here because of all the devils attempts to slow us down. Haha.

Sorry I have been short on emailing, we have been prety busy here, and the radio presenters have been using the computer off and all for some paperwork for the Labor Dept.

Love you Mom.
Mills

No comments: